Bachelor of Science Degrees
The College of Technology Offers the following Bachelor of Science (BS) degrees:
- Biotechnology - Combines biological disciplines like genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, embryology and cell biology with technical disciplines like chemical engineering, information technology, and robotics.
- Computer Engineering Technology - Builds expertise in of digital circuits, microcomputer architecture and systems design. It also covers software development for these microcomputers that is now so much a part of microcomputer technology.
- Computer Information Systems - Provides for the needs of a dynamic and integral part of business and industry - the information systems environment, also known as information technology or IT.
- Construction Management - Provides graduates with knowledge and skills necessary to join the construction industry including construction methods, structural systems, contract administration, specifications, planning, estimating, scheduling, and evaluating project performance.
- Digital Media - Prepares technologically-savvy leaders for supervisory positions in the digital media industry. Students who enroll in this program will gain competencies in various graphic-related technologies that support the digitization of graphic and text content as well as a broad background in leadership and supervision.
- Electrical Power Engineering Technology - Design, analyze and improve computer-based power generation, delivery, and end user systems. Study electrical motors and generators and their computer based controls, as well as alternative energy sources.
- Human Resource Development - Offers studies in training and development, career development, and organization development.
- Mechanical Engineering Technology - Courses directed at both computer-aided manufacturing and computer-aided design and drafting. Individuals interested in manufacturing technology apply fundamental principles of mechanical design and manufacturing processes to new and existing manufacturing systems.
- Organizational Leadership and Supervision - Focuses on providing individuals with a competitive advantage when moving into leadership and supervisory roles in technology based organizations. The program investigates the rapidly changing and complex nature of leadership in organizations that use and rely on technology on a day to day basis.
- Retailing and Consumer Science - Prepares professionals for fast-paced careers in merchandising, management, and the marketing and sales of consumer goods and services in a variety of settings as diverse as the retail and food industries and the growing service sector.
- Supply Chain and Logistics Technology - Managing (planning and executing) the flow of materials, their transformation into finished goods, and their ultimate delivery as finished goods to the final buyer.
Page Updated: October 2, 2012 at 11:52 AM