- News and Announcements
- Jan. 2012
- Wish everybody have a wonderful holiday! Hope all found at least a little time to rest and enjoy quality time with family and friends! Our ISGRIN Annual Dinner Party is a blast!
- Dec. 2011
- Congralations to Mr. Anilkumar Maringanti, Mr. Avinash Ranganath, and Mr. Krishna Raghammudi succesfully presented their Master Project!
- Nov. 2011
- We welcome baby Arnav Bagga (DOB 10/22/2011) to the team! Congratulations to Sumegha and her family!
- Oct. 2011
- Our contributed book chapter "Quality of Service in Networking for Smart Grid" for "Communication and Networking in Smart Grids" (Taylor & Francis Books) got accepted.
- Sept. 2011
- Prof. Xiaobing Xu from Hefei University of Technology started his one-year senior visiting scholar in our lab. His research interest include solar systems and future lighting fixture based on LED.
- Aug. 2011
- Dr. Yuan gave keynote talk in the 22nd Annual Conference on Embedded Systems and Application (CACIS) on Vision and Technical Components of Cyber Physical Systems.
- Aug. 2011
- Dr. Yuan and Dr. Malki visited Hefei University of Technology to explore collaboration opportunity of research and education between HFUT and UH-COT.
- June 2011
- Congratulations to Dr. Ning Situ succesfully defended his dissertation. He will join Microsoft in July.
- May 2011
- Dr. Yuan is elevated to IEEE senior member.
- Oct. 2010
- Dr. Yuan gave a presentation in the first international SmartGridComm conference hosted by NIST on a collaborative paper with researchers from Hefei University of Technology, Mr. Wei Sun, Prof. Jianping Wang, and Prof. Chongwei Zhang.
- Sept. 2010
- Prof. Liu from Research Institute of Mechanical Engineering of South China University of Technology visited the ISGRIN lab and Dr. Song's smart materials and structures lab.
- Aug. 2010
- We welcome Mr. Kezong Tang as a visiting scholar to the lab.
- June 2010 - a new NSF project funded
- Dr. Yuan is the co-PI for "Labs-to-Go" project led by Dr. Song.
- October 2008
- Mr. Yimin Yang left the group for Gemerny
- August 2008
- ISGRIN group welcome new students: Mr. Yimin Yang (ECE); Mr. Zhichao Shen (CS); and Mr. Dong Han (CS).
- Dr. Yuan gave presentations in EMBC 2008 on network design for ubiquitous health system.
- July 2008
- UH COT ATT Lab Research Activities.
- Jerry Sobieski Director of International Research Initiatives at NORDUnet visited ATT lab.
- Dr. Yuan and her colleauges visited ATT lab at Austin.
- Congratulations to Haoying Liu, Jian Shen , and Jing Zhang for successfully defended their Master Thesis!
- June 2008
- Dr. Yuan visited Prof. Shien-Fong Lin's lab in Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University School of Medicine.
- May 2008
- Dr. Xiaoping Liu, the Dean of the School of Computer and Information from Hefei University of Technology visited the ISGRIN lab and several other labs in Computer Science Department.
- April 2008
- Dr. Yuan is leading an ISSO funded project on "Hierarchical cross-layer optimized wireless networking platform for reliable astronaut health monitoring".
- Dr. Yuan has been awarded a Full Fellowship for the SAME-TEC Conference.
- March 2008
- Congratulations to Drs. Yuan and Moges and Ms. Haoying Liu for winning 2008 COT awards.
Dr. Yuan: COT-Research Excellence Award;
Dr. Moges: COT-Teaching Excellence Award;
Haoying Liu: COT-Graduate Student Award.
- Dr. Yuan is serving as co-PI for the new NSF REU site project led by Dr. Malki: Sensor Network and Security Infrastructure
- Feb. 2008
- Dr. Moges is serving as co-PI for a NSF CCLI Phase 1 project on "An Innovative Approach to Learning via Peer-to-Peer Undergraduate Mentoring in Engineering Technology Laboratory" led by Dr. Attarzadeh.
- Dec. 2007
- Dr. Yuan give presentations to several top Universities in China. USTC, NanKai College of Software, HFUT School of Computer and Information, HFUT School of Electrical and Power Engineering, and XinHua.
- Nov. 2007
- During UH Department of Defense (DoD) conference, Dr. Yuan and her students present their research projects and tour the representatives around the lab. See fliers created for the event.
- October 2007
- We welcome Dr. Mani Balakrishnan join the group as a post-doctoral researcher. Dr. Balakrishman has expertise in designing energy efficient MAC layer protocols for wireless networks.
- Sept. 2007
- Ning presented a paper about Skin Lesion Segmentation in ICIP 2007. The paper was invited to be submitted to special issue of Digital Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Techniques for the Detection of Cancer of Pattern Recognition , the premium journal in the field.
- August 2007
- We are welcoming our new graduate students Ms Sumegha Bagga (ET, M.S.) and Mr Ilyas Uyanik (ET, M.S.) to the lab.
- July 2007
- Dr. Chia-Chang Tong, professor from Department of Electrical Engineering, Chienkuo Technology University, Taiwan, is visiting the lab from July to August. He's an expert in pSoC based system development and design. More information about pSoC can be found here.
- June 2007
- We are welcoming three new graduate students: Ms Jian Shen (ET, M.S.), Ms Jing Zhang (ET, M.S.) and Mr Raja Kumar Koduru (EE, M.S.) to our lab.
- ISGRIN has moved to a new location: T1 110K. Multihop wireless sensor network testbed for health monitoring and environmental surveilance will be setup in T1 110k. Instructional material and experiments for Mechatronics will be setup and developed in T1 110J. You are welcome to visit us anytime.
- May 2007
- Dr. Yuan presented two regular papers in the 3rd IEEE International conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Developmemt of Networks and Communities (TridentCom 2007), the premium testbed and infrastructure conference.
- April 2007
- Haoying and Situ got 2nd and 3rd place for presentation in the first CoT Research Day. There are three awards total. Haoying presented "An integrated scheduling for distributed sensor network", and Situ presented "Active contour segmentation for skin lesion images".
- New funding from Texas Workforce Commission for instruction material development for intelligent sensor network and mechatronics to the ISGRIN lab.
- Feb. 2007
- Dr. Yuan and her Rice collaborators organized Digital-Health Care Mini-Symposium with HSEMB2007. The event is very successful.
- As ISA-UH student chapter faculty advisor, Dr. Yuan has been invited to the CAP associate meeting at ISA headquarter
- Dec. 2006
- Dr. Yuan's research on applying advanced data mining algorithms to forecasting skewed biased stochstic ground level high ozone days got "Best application paper award IEEE Data Mining Conference 2006".
- Oct. 2006
- Oct. 22nd - Dr. Moges is invited to be the session chair for "Scheduling and Load Balancing" in IASTED PDCS2006 in Dallas, Nov. 2006! He'll present our paper titled "Integrated Scheduling Algorithm for Sensor Network based on Divisibility Theory".
- Oct. 13th - Ning presented our research in early melanoma detection based on imaging analysis in 16th Keck Research Conference held in Texas Medical Center.
- Sept. 2006
- We have three papers accepted in the top rank ICDM conference 2006. The acceptance rate is less than 20%. We are getting ready to submit the final version.
- The papers are:
"Forecasting Skewed Biased Stochastic Ozone Days"
"A Framework for Regional Association Rule Mining in Spatial Datasets"
"Discovering Unrevealed Properties of Probability Estimation Trees:on Algorithm Selection and Performance Explanation".
- Our paper titled "Integrated Scheduling Algorithm for Sensor Network based on Divisibility Theory" has been accepted by IASTED PDCS 2006 (International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems). We are preparing the final version.
- August 2006
- We're welcoming two new graduate students to the lab in Fall 2006: Mr. Ning Situ (CS, Ph.D.) and Ms. Haoying Liu (ET, M.S.)
- July 2006
- Ms. Kun Zhang defended her dissertation.
- Three papers submitted in the Spring got accepted for IEEE conferences. Submitted four papers.
- June 2006
- New resources - Ms. Ranger helped us identified two useful new resources available through the library: Encyclopedia of Medical Devices and Instrumentation; and Wiley Encyclopedia of Biomedical Engineering. These are especially useful for our Blue Box project as well as our medical imaging processing project.
- May 2006
- New Grant: Our Blue Box project secured a grant from GEAR, which comes with additional $30k matching fund from AFC!
- New Grant: Our Mechatronics Lab got a grant from FDIP. Motivated Electrical / Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Technology graduate students are welcome to join the effort to develop the lab or using the equipments as testing bed thesis/ dissertation topic. The cool equipments we have for the lab include inverted pendulum, plant simulation, coupled tank, etc.
- April 2006
- The Distributed Intelligent Sensor Network Weblog added a new item: Dr. Moges new publication in Wireless Sensor Network.
- March 2006
- Two new web blogs by Ms. Ranger for the research in the lab:
1.Distributed intelligent sensor network
2.Medical Imaging Processing
- Feb. 2006:
- We've set up a wireless sensor network testbed in the ISGRIN lab located in T2 118!
- In the near future, we'll set up a wireless sensor network in the server room of College of Technology to help monitor the temperature, humidity, and activity in the room.
- Feb. 2006:
- I'm really happy to announce that Dr. Moges joined our research group. His research interest include:
1. Design and Optimization of Wireless Sensor Networks
2. Performance Evaluation and Optimization of Computer and Communication Systems
3. Job Scheduling in Parallel and Distributed Systems and Grid Networks.
- Dec. 2005:
- BioPac Systems Inc. representative Tim Cook will give a presentation and real life demonstration on Bio-sensors on Dec. 9th, from 1pm to 3pm. For details, see flier.
- Nov. 2005:
- Dr. Yuan attended the prestigious conference in data mining research community, ICDM 2005, held in Houston, Texas.
- Oct. 2005:
- The new website for ISGRIN research lab is set up.
Updated by Dr. Yuan January 2012.